The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) is intended to balance 2 competing interests. These are:
- Our individual constitutional rights to privacy (which requires our personal information to be protected); and
- The needs of our society to have access to and to process (work with) our personal information for legitimate purposes, including the purpose of doing business.
Personal Information we collect
As per section 1 of POPI, some of the information we collect are described, but not limited to, the following:
- Contact details
- Position held at company
- Demographic information such as physical / postal address
- Preferences relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
How the Personal Information are collected
GEO Data Design (Pty) Ltd collects relevant Personal Information, in compliance with Chapter 3 of the POPI act (the minimum Conditions for Lawful Processing of Personal Information by a Responsible Party), in the following manners:
- In correspondence (email, text, calls and other electronic messages) between you and us.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website or via a social network platform.
- Through applications you download from the Website.
Purpose of the Processing of Personal Information
As outlined in section 2, Personal Information may only be Processed for a specific purpose. Some of the purposes for which GEO Data Design (Pty) Ltd Processes or will Process Personal Information, is set out as follows:
- Provide information, products or services requested from GEO Data Design.
- Rendering services according to contractual agreements.
- Fulfilling any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Improving our products and services.
- Customising our website to better reflect your interest.
- For marketing purposes:
- To periodically send you news updates or other information that we think you may find interesting, using the e-mail address you provided.
- To periodically contact you for market research purposes. In this instance, we would contact you either by e-mail or phone.
Recipients of Personal Information
The recipients to whom GEO Data Design (Pty) Ltd may provide a Data Subjects Personal Information to:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process in order to protect its rights or property, or in case GEO Data Design or a portion of its assets is sold.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety of us, our clients or others.
We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information in personally identifiable form to anyone. Without your consent, GEO Data Design will not share any personal information you provide with any third party that is not a GEO Data Design business partner, or affiliate, except to the limited extent necessary to fulfill your request for products, services, or support.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have established suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
The practices described in this Notice are current as of the later of the effective date or revision date specified at the bottom of this document. GEO Data Design reserves the right to periodically update this Notice. Notice of any revisions will be posted to this page.
Call: +27 21 425 9833
Attention: Information or Deputy Information Officer
Thank you for your interest in GEO Data Design. We hope your visit to our Websites is pleasant and productive.
Last updated June 17th, 2021